Some of the benefits of Gaelic medium Education include:
- Recent Edinburgh University research shows that children educated through Gaelic are on par with or outperform children educated in one language.
- Children in Gaelic medium education (GME) can be fluent in two languages with advantages learning other ones.
- Bilinguals can access different literatures and more ways of thinking and acting.
- Gaelic bilinguals have a better understanding of their place in wider Scottish culture identity.
- Being bilingual offers many career opportunities.
- Children exposed to different languages at an early age tend to be more focussed than monolinguals at 'multitasking'.
- They are better readers, and generally find it easier to learn other languages.